Tax filing season is upon us, and we have a couple of important updates for you. As always, our goal is to make taxes, accounting and compliance as easy as possible for you so the changes we have implemented are for that purpose. However, we can still handle things in a similar manner as it was handled in the prior year; please don’t hesitate to reach out to us so we can accommodate your preferences.
Here are the important changes to note:
(Don’t forget to see the Actions Required at the bottom)
Questionnaires and Organizers are electronic for 2017
If you would like a paper organizer or a pdf you can print out to complete just let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call our office at 615-279-0088.
Electronic Signatures will be the default for personal returns
We implemented electronic signatures for select personal tax returns last year; the feedback about the convenience was very positive. For 2017, electronic signatures will be the default method to get personal tax returns signed for e-filing. For jointly filed returns, both spouses will need to electronically sign. E-signing isn’t allowed by the IRS for business returns. We plan to implement this for business returns as soon as the IRS indicates it is allowable.
Your return will be delivered electronically (during the e-sign process). You should save this copy for your records. We will not print a paper copy unless requested.
1. Complete the electronic questionnaire:
*Only one per return. Both Spouses do not need to complete it for joint returns.
2. Send us your tax documents via one of the following methods:
- Secure Upload: www.McKerleyNoonan.com/filedrop (Select the person you work with. If you aren’t sure then select Nicole, and she will route your documents as required)
- Or – Drop off at our office: 104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120, Nashville, TN 37205
- Or – Mail to: McKerley & Noonan, CPAs, 104 Woodmont Blvd, Suite 120, Nashville, TN 37205